Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles. Stopping the sink and filling the bowl with a couple of inches of water will help prevent a fracture if you drop your denture while you are cleaning them.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch the acrylic of your denture. Rinse with cold water. Never use bleach to clean your denture.
- When not in use, cover dentures with room temperature water or “Smile Again” denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out. Avoid hot water – it can warp your denture.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth or broken elements. Alert us immediately so we can repair the compromised areas.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- Please do not adjust your denture or partial at home. These at home adjustments most often make matters worse, not better.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.